Okmetic’s strategic objective is profitable growth driven by a product portfolio designed to meet customers' current and future technology needs. The core of our operations is being genuinely close to our customers and understanding their needs and processes. Our strategic focus area is tailor-made, high value-added silicon wafers for the manufacture of sensors as well as discrete semiconductors and analog circuits. These are specialized areas of the semiconductor industry where growth exceeds the market average and where Okmetic has special expertise to offer.
Okmetic has one business segment and two customer segments that are equal in size: Sensor wafers and Discrete&Analog wafers (D&A wafers). We primarily supply our customers with high value-added wafers with diameters of 150 mm and 200 mm. Semiconductor companies manufacturing memory, logic and micro circuits on a standard 300 mm platform are outside Okmetic's scope.
Our global sales network, extensive portfolio of high value-added products, in-depth knowledge of crystal growing, long-term product development projects, as well as efficient and flexible production create prerequisites for profitable growth.
Okmetic's current strategic objectives are encapsulated in the following six challenges we need to tackle
- Increasing the share of high value-added wafers in our net sales
- Pursuing customer growth across all market areas and strengthening our presence in the Asian market
- Investing in capacity and R&D to support our key technologies: 200 mm wafer technology, SOI manufacturing technology and crystal growing technology, which enables us to make products with high or low resistivity
- Enhancing the flexibility of our production capacity (in-house production and fab lite)
- Enhancing the competencies, multiskillness and wellbeing of our personnel
- Continuously improving our efficiency
- Crystal growing
- High value-added wafers
- Customer relationship management
- Flexible supply chain